How to convert a Podcast to video
So you have a podcast that you want to share, This guide will take you through how to convert your audio podcast into a video podcast.
It's essential to make sure that the video matches the creative brand of your podcast - Many podcasts achieved this by using the cover art as a video background - Creatives like this help boost engagement particularly on social media.
There are a few options for converting, you can use an online service such as Echo Wave that makes it simple to convert in a few clicks, or you can use Open Source software like FFmpeg that is more complex but free.
|Nothing to install||Open source software|
|Highly Customizable||Free to download and install|
|Fast to convert|
Podcast Video Requirements:
- Image to use as a background ideally podcast cover art That matches your brand.
- Audio file that you would like to convert
- A place to share your podcast - (Depending on where you want to share the optimum video aspect ratio will vary)
Create podcast video with echo wave
If you decide to make a podcast video using Echo weave there are just a few steps you need to take before you get a video. You can access Echo Wave from a variety of devices including web, iOS & Android.
- Create a free account on echowave.io
- Click generate video
- Upload and customise your sound file
- Choose a background and wave animation
- Generate video
Create podcast video with FFmpeg
FFmpeg is an excellent choice if you only require a simplistic video, have some technical skill & a desktop computer.
FFmpeg requires use fo the terminal - You should only enter commands if you know what they do.
- install ffmpeg
- Place the background image and audio into the same directory
- Open a termnal window and run:
ffmpeg -i background.png -i sound.wav -acodec libvo_aacenc -vcodec libx264 output.flv
Please change background.png and sound.wav to match your input files.